Subject: [Leica] Re: Mamiya 7 II for travel - spend my money (carefully)
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed Mar 7 09:05:10 2007

The Mamiya 7 has been my hiking landscape camera for quite a few
years. The 80mm is good value but it depends on your preference of
field of view. If I could have only one my personal choice would be
the 80.
I use it on a Manfrotto carbon tripod with magnesium 3-way head. They
have replaced the tripod with a new model but the head is current.
The combination is great IMO I am very satisfied. I bought most of
the lenses in the end, first the 80 then 43 then 150. This did me
fine for a long time until the advent of digital allowed me to find a
65 and a 50 at tempting prices :-) in fact I could still happily live
with only the original 3.
Frank