Subject: [Leica] 25mm f/1.4 "normal" 4/3's lens hits
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Mar 8 03:16:08 2007

Didier, I have no journalistic expertise nor pretensions. I'm absolutely
with you on the perception that four thirds cameras ought
to be compact alternatives to APS-C sensor DSLRs. I do understand the basics
of tele-centric lens, however I can't fathom why a user
might accept the limitations of the smaller sensor (noise, crop factor)
without gaining an apparent benefit in system compactness.
Perhaps I'm unduly influenced by a 35mm metal SLR upbringing.
Whatever the reality/performance, I think that Olympus is acknowledging that
perception with the E-400. I think only for Europe and
Aus so far? Truly OM like in dimensions.

Cheers
Analog Hoppy