Subject: [Leica] 25mm f/1.4 "normal" 4/3's lens hits
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 8 15:11:01 2007

On 3/8/07 8:06 AM, "Doug Herr" <telyt@earthlink.net> typed:

> On Mar 8, 2007, at 1:59 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>

>> I wish when people make these constant comments bemoaning
>> everything which
>> is not 24x36mm digital format what they're planning on using the shots
>> they'd take with that format for? Hence its need. I'd like to hear.
>> Its not like everyone's all of a sudden in the mural biz. Or point of
>> purchase large graphics of some kind biz.
>
> Ansel Adams said that the best camera is the biggest one you're
> willing to carry.  I'm not willing to carry a medium-format camera
> and I can carry something bigger than a 4/3-system camera.
>
> Doug Herr

Most the time he was saying that his assistant was carrying his gear.
His hands wracked with authorities made him not need an excuse.

But he did climb mountains before modern mountain climbing techniques were
invented.

With 8x10 glass plates and the stuff which went with the. I think he's off
the hook.
In a good way.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s