Subject: [Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Mar 12 21:19:03 2007

> The purchase of the M8, also requires the commitment to the filters.  After
> $5K for the camera body, and $2-5K per lens ( New), be
> prepared to spend  yet another few hundred to make the thing work as it
> should
> ( could?).  Its chump change in the scheme of
> things.....
>
> Frank Filippone, who has no M8, and can not afford one.
> red735i@earthlink.net

Frank the reason why we're here talking is that I've got a good chunk of my
net worth tied up in Leica M glass.
And it's a willing. And a wanting. But its a waiting.
I've only got a few lenses here with me so far in my move from west to east
coasts.
But would love to get them going.

I find myself more involved with my new LTM stuff. A IIIF with two lenses.
I have a 50 and a 35. Could use a 28 or a 90.
For good cactus pix. Shots of Adobe. Cave cities. You name it.
Moonrise over Trailer Park.

Well I got out of my car and I knew the luminance of the moon was EMC
squared so as I couldn't find my meter so I ....

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com