Subject: [Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Mar 12 22:34:55 2007

> But make no mistake, without the commitment to the filters being either
> purchased, borrowed, given away, or stolen, you are screwed
> if you wish to use an M8.  Someplace, somewhere, sometime, you will take
> the most important picture, and the color will be off and
> there is no way to fix it.  None.

Frank, I understand your comments and agree with them, but with photoshop,
there are ways to fix the issue. Its not perfect, but they already exist
as colour profiles for the C1 software, and can be applied locally if
needed.

of course b/w users are not screwed eithter.

I watched the recent release of Lightroom and was shown techniques for
combining images, rubbing out the face with the closed eyes to make a
group portrait perfect, and even the suggestion that a tourist be gone
filter was now possible WITHOUT using tripods etc: the software aligns and
redisplays the information seamlessly: So a minor issue of colour cast is
well minor really: but I agree, it should not be there and I'm hoping the
filters are as good as promised.

Software to run with the filters and wide angles is still a few months off
however!!

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters)