Subject: [Leica] Thank you and a new IMG--message for W. Torry
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Wed Mar 14 17:32:47 2007

Wayne;

  Howdy from a fellow Texan. We've corresponded on RFF before. I admire your
"courage" in showing images on the LUG. These guys are somewhat (an
understatement) more critical than those on RFF. Just a tip that I hope is
not too late. Most "experts" here recommend NOT storing any batteries in the
fridge, but rather at room temp in original packaging or zip lock bags.

  Bill

Wayne Torry <wtorry@vbar.com> wrote:
  Thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement. I really
appreciate y'all taking the time to look and respond.

To answer a few of the technical questions:

I had proper safety gear. However, I had to remove my safety glasses to
use the camera. The camera protected my eyes very well.

The M5 is currently calibrated for the 1.35v mercury cell powering the
meter. I have a few of the mercury cells in the freezer for future use.

Cropping: When my new copy of Adobe Lightroom arrives for my birthday I
will go through everything and see if I can make any improvements.

Mark: If I ever get some time I will reorganize my gallery into B&W and
not B&W. Thanks for the suggestion.

Someone said, "Keep them coming." So...

The day I first spotted these things at work I was instantly reminded of
the alien "pods" in the old Kevin McCarthy movie "Invasion of the Body
Snatchers."

Thanks for looking. Keep the helpful suggestions coming.

M5 | 50mm DR Summicron | XP2 Super

http://tinyurl.com/2wkyr6

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Wayne