Subject: [Leica] re: [IMG] gun portrait
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 15 14:48:55 2007

On 3/15/07 4:10 PM, "Philippe Orlent" <philippe.orlent@pandora.be> typed:

> Pure nostalgia. Such innocent times...
> Thanks for showing,
> Philippe
>

> Op 15-mrt-07, om 12:41 heeft Sonny Carter het volgende geschreven:
>
>> You can't tell by the picture, but I was packing a pair of pearl
>> handled
>> revolvers  in this shot.
>> http://www.sonc.com/roy_rogers.htm
>>
>> Regards,
>> Roy Rogers
>>

>> On 3/14/07, Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> I was great with shoot'en shells when I was a kid.
>>> And I had a Derringer built into my belt buckle. You really didn't
>>> want to
>>> mess with me.
>>> But those real bullets are best left to the maniacs.

The Derringer looked like part of the design of the belt buckle but would
pop out and shoot you when you flexed your stomach muscles in just the right
way. Or not like the person. I could hit things with it. Not bulls eyes
maybe. But make one bunch off your chest.
Could I have dreamt that? Can anyone corroborate this?

Shoot en shells. Early 60's. Throw me a bone here.
And I'll shot it out of the air.

I had a low slung holster brown leather which had a leather string which
attached it to your leg way low to your knee. I could pull and draw and
shoot in one motion and hit toy solders. I practiced by the hour.
You'd think I'd grow up and be a gun nut but no.
Gun free. And mean to stay that way.
They'd have to pry one into my cold dead hand. At night.

I went to the same high school as Charlton Heston.
New Trier on north shore Chicago. But he got there a few years before me.

Remember the tv late 50s cowboy with the mirrors on his hat so he'd blind
the guy before drawing on him then get him?

I always put mirrors on my cowboy hat. So I'd be mirror cowboy.
On cloudy days they didn't do much. And were kind of silly.
But on sunny days you always got the sun behind them.
Then you'd blind the little monsters. Then draw on them while they blinked.
Never knew what hit em.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY