Subject: [Leica] re: [IMG] gun portrait
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 15 18:28:49 2007

On 3/15/07 6:56 PM, "Ric Carter" <ricc@mindspring.com> typed:

> Yes Mark--
>
> It was one of those Mattel high end things. Remember the greenie
> stick-em caps that went on the loading bullets in the six-shooters?
> If I remember correctly, the derringer had this plastic round that
> snapped in a spring-loaded metal cartridge that acted much like a
> real round. The slug actually fired from the gun as it swung to a 90-
> degree spring-loaded erection when you poked your belly out.
>
> I couldn't afford one, but my best friend had one. He was the only
> divorced kid I knew, and showed me it was not all disadvantage.
>
> Ric

Yep those are shoot en shells.
The things you remember!

You had to load them just right or they would not be accurate.

It was my main thing for a year or two or three.

Actually I was very very bad in sports but in summer camp we had rifflery in
upstate Ny a 22 rifle and I got picked toward the top as I was pretty much
the best. Must have been those shoot-en shells. I killed a bird once with a
sling shot when I was 14 and I was so devastated that that was it for me for
that kind of stuff. Real life and death is something else than black and
white cowboys and Indians. And I'm one of those animal loving people who
like animals more than people. Quite insipid I know but that's the way it
is. I hate movies when they have animals which are endangered in the plot in
there. Don't even want to sit there. Actually if I even see an animal in any
movie I no longer enjoy the flick because it might get in physical trouble.
Pets mainly though. Come hope with a limp. Get dad. Bring the helicopter.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com