Subject: [Leica] Film/Digital
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Mar 27 03:08:16 2007

Daniel

Thx for the comparison shots. The film shot shows the grain, the look, that
I like. Also typical for film is the shorter DOF - which, finally, has
slightly to do with it because size of the medium influences the DOF - the
smaller the sensor the deeper the DOF when enlarged on the same size as the
film shot. And if you don't have a M8, R-D1 or a hi-end DSLR with fast
primes, digital also means slower lens - even more DOF.

But the low key/underxposure of your digital shot is not medium specific.
That's the photographer's job - if on- or post-production!

Didier

Replies: Reply from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Film/Digital)
Reply from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Film/Digital)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Film/Digital)