Subject: [Leica] Film/Digital
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Mar 27 03:22:21 2007

Didier,

I know what you mean about the "look" that comes from film. This
particular film is not one I am very familiar with. I was given 20 rolls
of Fortepan 400 (called ClassicPan 400 by some suppliers). It is made in
Hungary, but is soon to be no more. They are discontinuing production of
film and paper (pity ... I like their paper. The film is ho-hum at best
in 35mm).

This film is the grainiest film I've ever used (and I've used a lot of
Agfa APX400).

And you are so right about the post-production. In this case it is
hampered a bit by my learning new tools (Lightroom and Lightzone ...
today it is Lightzone).

Anyway, it dawned on me that I had these lying around and I am waiting
for a meeting. So I gave it a shot.

Now to learn how to do it properly. I think digital can look better than
what I have produced.

Daniel