Subject: [Leica] Re: I think my PAW is off, but I'm having a blast with the G7 - More Chicago,
From: cschweda at gmail.com (cschweda)
Date: Tue Mar 27 17:37:32 2007

re: Canon G7 settings

Photoshop: levels, saturation, PT lens (to fix the distortion) and
smart sharpen.

G7: Manual focus set to 2 meters, "My colors" set to all defaults
except saturation +1. Auto ISO.

The G7 is *very* nice . I can't afford an M8 -- so I'm giving the G7 a
try. I'm very curious about the Sigma DP1, too -- but I'm not sure
when that's supposed to be out. Soon, is what I hear -- but we'll see.

A couple gripes with the G7:

- Distortion at the wide end. PTLens seems to fix most of it.

- Still a slight bit of shutter lag. I've gotten used to it, but it
does take a little bit of luck.

Good things:

- quick to focus in AF mode. Easy to set (and save) manual focus settings.

- sturdy.

- Folks realize it's a digital camera -- and a relatively small
digital camera -- so no one pays much attention.

- optical viewfinder is pretty good wide. I turn off the monitor on
the back and use only the OVF.

- You're able to turn off all the noises, dings, dongs, and focus
assist beams -- so it's almost completely silent.

Chris
http://www.metaincognita.com

Replies: Reply from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Re: I think my PAW is off, but I'm having a blast with the G7 - More Chicago,)