Subject: [Leica] bring a leica to disneyworld?
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Mar 27 23:47:01 2007

Rei,

I will echo those who recommend taking the Leica. Disneyworld is not
a particularly unsafe place, it is just crowded, boring, hot, and
overpriced. Having your favorite camera with you will make it all
more bearable.

There is no problem with film on the plane: if you are like me, then
you will simply send it through the hand-luggage scanner and nothing
will be wrong with it; if you are paranoid, you will put the film in
a ziplock bag and request a hand inspection, which is your right when
flying within the US. Either way, so long as you do not put film in
your CHECKED baggage, no harm will occur.

I would not count on being able to buy anything but consumer color
print film inside Disney, and it will overpriced, as is everything
else there. In Orlando itself there are of course camera shops, but
you would have to locate a proper one and hope they carry the film
you want to use. You are far better off bringing it from home.

Nathan