Subject: OT RE: [Leica] IMG, Another Airplane Photo
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Apr 1 14:51:47 2007

Jim, just recalling my aviation history, I think that the Kurt Tank at the
FockeWulf works addressed this when first committing to
using a radial BMW engine for their new fighter. Initially a ducted spinner
was used but it proved to add little benefit and was
abandoned. FWIW, in my view easily the most handsome fighter designs of the
period.

Cheers
Hoppy