Subject: [Leica] Tivoli Model One radio
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Apr 3 07:07:21 2007

Jim wrote:

>>first generation of HD radios<<

HD seems to be a ubiquitous marketing buzzword. I guess it takes up 50%
fewer characters than HiFi. Maybe the two don't mean the same thing.

I wonder why HD never made it to the still camera world. Some marketing
whiz could have used it instead of APS-C. Prefix it with Very and you
have VHD. That's full frame. FF may be shorter but VHD sounds sexier!
OTOH without FF being used as it is today the large format users would
have no one to mock when they gather for beers at the local pub.
Speaking of which, SuperHD is reserved for MF backs and UHD (UltaHD) for
large format.

Four Thirds should be NQBAHD (Not Quite But Almost HD). They should have
called it "Supersize". Anything would be better than Four Thirds.
Whatever marketing genius came up with that one needs to find a new
career. It's probably the same guy who thought using megapixels would be
a useful measure.

No way Four Thirds is one third more than HD.

DaveR