Subject: [Leica] News of BD
From: schneiderpix at mac.com (Robert Schneider)
Date: Sun Apr 8 18:38:06 2007

In my opinion my M8 is a better tool than my EOS 1Ds Mk2, not least
because the lenses are MUCH better. If your opinion is based on your
interpretation of internet murmuring you are making a mistake and
have deceived yourself, if based on personal experience I am
surprised but different people have different requirements so this is
obviously not impossible.
Only if I  used slow zooms would I prefer the Canon.
Frank

---------------------------------

All Canon primes except for a 70-200L IS.

Yes, virtually all of Leica's M glass outperforms Canon's lenses
(even L glass), as it should.  But the lens is only one part of the
imaging chain. I would have to see equivalent prints to believe that
an M8 file was superior to a file from an EOS 1Ds Mk2. At low ISOs
(ignoring the pinky-purples) the M8 is fully the equal of an EOS 5D.
At ISO 400 and above, Canon owns the turf (my opinion, based on
what's been put before my lyin' eyes).

I'd rather carry an M8 than an EOS 1Ds Mk2, but I'd sure rather have
the Canon's files.

I'm sorry if that attitude is too condescending.

---

http://www.robertschneider.com
http://www.schneiderpix.com
photoblog: Light Under a Bushel http://luab.blogtog.com