Subject: [Leica] Leaving St. Louis with IMG ... WAS IMG: People Even!
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Apr 11 23:31:30 2007

John Biava wrote:
> Did you ever get to the old Cyranno's ?  It was the hot place for the non
> drinking crowd in the '60s.  Maybe even earlier.  But it was ruined by the
> time I got back from Viet Nam.....

Yes, I did. And there was an old, traditional italian restaurant on
Olive, I think, around the St. Louis University area.

>   Some of my other haunts were St. Louis photo Supply,

Was Sal (from New York) working there at the time?

Jefferson Camera ( bob has passed away ),

I worked there from about 1973 or 74 to 1976, off and on, extra money.

I lived in Edwardsville (studying journalism) at the time. On my way to
and from work I'd take some snaps:

http://www.dlridings.com/stlouis.htm

and Schiller's.

Bob (the III), Jr. passed away. I never knew Sr., came back to Jefferson
  when father/son reunited. Bob III is now back at Schillers (I went
there in ... 2002 or so) and Jefferson closed down (about 5 years ago, I
think, maybe less).

I haven't been back for some time now.  I know most things have changed.

Things do that ... things do.

Daniel