Subject: [Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Apr 19 22:26:24 2007

At 10:34 PM 4/19/2007, Tina Manley wrote:

 >I overheard a conversation at the PO yesterday when a guy was
 >inquiring when an expected letter would arrive from Hilton Head -
 >that's Hilton Head, SC, about 200 miles from here.  He thought it
 >should take a day, maybe two.  The USPS employee said, "Well,
 >actually from Hilton Head it will go to Savannah, Georgia, and from
 >there to Columbia, SC, and then to Charlotte, NC, before it arrives
 >here in Rock Hill, SC.  It will take at least a week to 10 days.  Our
 >government efficiency at work!

Tina

This is bunk.  I was spoiled by a really great
branch USPS office at my former home in Roanoke,
Virginia; the one here in Chester, Virginia, is a
hell-hole by comparison.  For the all of it, even
parcel post shipments to the Flyover states get there in two or three days.

To put it in basic terms, think up a better
system, and the word will beat a path to your
door.  You and I cannot do so, so why not hold
our peace and avoid cheap shots at the Post Office?

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Re:Leica USA incompetence again)