Subject: [Leica] Re: Chicago. Oh no not again. Editing and Lightroom.
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sun Apr 22 10:25:50 2007

The best way to edit yourself (and not leave it to an unbiassed
person, which is better anyway) is to put the images away for some
time (say two weeks, with your shooting rythm: this way your first
memory (where and when taken, what the situation was etc.) will be
less strong, which will give you a more 'objective' judgement), and
then to review them. The good ones will pop out automatically.
What I do very often (since I don't use Lightroom) is to view
everything in Bridge, and narrow down the selection by giving them
stars. This gives you about 5 steps (5 stars) to find the ones you
really like.
Another important thing, which you will certainly must have read
about on this list (and I'm not very good at this), is to never throw
away any original, even after your edit: one reviewing day might may
give you a slightly different selection vs. the other, not to speak
of reviewing images of several years old, which sometimes suddenly
get a whole new relevance.

Philippe

Op 22-apr-07, om 17:36 heeft cschweda het volgende geschreven: