Subject: [Leica] Re: Collapsible 50mm Summicron
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Apr 22 18:20:59 2007

Larry, I have no personal experience with this lens. I did like the little
(modern version) collapsible Elmar but I think that one
gives a modern rendition. Mine gave very soft pictures only when I forgot to
extend it fully!
I follow what you are saying on the lens making the camera a little more
compact. I'm not quite with you on the resolution/contrast
changes in design. I thought that you couldn't have great practical
resolution unless the contrast was very good as well. However,
not trying to pick a fight there! You might know that I am an asph kinda
guy.
Anyhoo, do you have some pics uploaded from your collapsible Summicron?
Never stop learning and thinking here. I must revisit Luis'
gallery as well.

Cheers
Hoppy