Subject: [Leica] A short day in Monterey
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat May 5 15:40:41 2007

I needed to run down to Monterey to the Naval Postgraduate School on
Friday and since it's one of my wife's favorite places on the planet
(Monterey not the school) and Saturday being her birthday, she drove
down with me.

We've actually come to love Moss Landing, about 20 miles north of
Monterey, quite a bit. It has a harbor with breakwater at the mouth of
Elkhorn Slough, a power plant, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research
Institute. Also a small number of curio shops and fresh fruit stands.
People work in Moss Landing and when they want to eat some seriously
good food they go to Phil's Fish Market.

We didn't find a place to park at Phil's (normal) so we parked on the
street across from the harbor where a barking sea lion was making a
pest of himself. Walking to Phil's we encountered this delightful
little place...

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001275.jpg>

Here's the entrance to Phil's Fish Market:

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001280.jpg>

Jan enjoying her Cinco de Mayo (and birthday) luncheon at Phil's!

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001284-rtch.jpg>

After lunch we found an easy path to the beach where we found a
playful pup who was playing catch with his owner. I caught him just as
he took off after some sort of flexible cloth flying toy.

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001325-bw.jpg>

Jan waved to a fishing boat as it stood into the harbor at high tide:

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001343-bw.jpg>

For those of you who haven't been to Monterey Bay, do go to the
aquarium, it's one of the region's wonders. After a day at the
aquarium you can come up to Moss Landing and take one of the boat
tours that runs up Elkhorn Slough, then dinner at Phil's!

Comments welcome. All shot with M8, Sumicron 35 asph, and I think
everything at 160. I do love this camera. The latest firmware is quite
nice.

Adam

Replies: Reply from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (jack) ([Leica] A short day in Monterey)
Reply from jsjgroups at gmail.com (Jerry Justianto) ([Leica] A short day in Monterey)