Subject: [Leica] A short day in Monterey
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sun May 6 11:46:27 2007

Adam,

I like very much this one

 http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001343-bw.jpg

Saludos cordiales
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Adam Bridge
Enviado el: domingo, 06 de mayo de 2007 0:40
Para: Leica Users Group
Asunto: [Leica] A short day in Monterey

I needed to run down to Monterey to the Naval Postgraduate School on Friday
and since it's one of my wife's favorite places on the planet (Monterey not
the school) and Saturday being her birthday, she drove down with me.

We've actually come to love Moss Landing, about 20 miles north of Monterey,
quite a bit. It has a harbor with breakwater at the mouth of Elkhorn Slough,
a power plant, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute. Also a
small number of curio shops and fresh fruit stands.
People work in Moss Landing and when they want to eat some seriously good
food they go to Phil's Fish Market.

We didn't find a place to park at Phil's (normal) so we parked on the street
across from the harbor where a barking sea lion was making a pest of
himself. Walking to Phil's we encountered this delightful little place...

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001275.jpg>

Here's the entrance to Phil's Fish Market:

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001280.jpg>

Jan enjoying her Cinco de Mayo (and birthday) luncheon at Phil's!

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001284-rtch.jpg>

After lunch we found an easy path to the beach where we found a playful pup
who was playing catch with his owner. I caught him just as he took off after
some sort of flexible cloth flying toy.

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001325-bw.jpg>

Jan waved to a fishing boat as it stood into the harbor at high tide:

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/Bday2007/L1001343-bw.jpg>

For those of you who haven't been to Monterey Bay, do go to the aquarium,
it's one of the region's wonders. After a day at the aquarium you can come
up to Moss Landing and take one of the boat tours that runs up Elkhorn
Slough, then dinner at Phil's!

Comments welcome. All shot with M8, Sumicron 35 asph, and I think everything
at 160. I do love this camera. The latest firmware is quite nice.

Adam