Subject: [Leica] Lightroom Question: Web Gallery: Flash or HTML?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon May 14 09:04:11 2007

So let's see, what do we have here? The aversion to Flash-based sites
comes from:

1) poor design

Welcome to the web where poor design is often the name of the game.
The LUG's web album is also a case of poor design in many small
details.

2) Flash has control

As in if it were an AJAX application you'd have more? Ever looked at
the "compiled" code that goes into something like gmail or other AJAX
application? Do you REALLY look at Javascript and try to figure out
what the heck it's doing? I don't think so.

3) Can't go to a particular page or image

That's the designer's choice and I understand this argument.

4) Security

Sorry, I just don't relate to the cookie issue. I just don't mind
leaving footprints in the snow. Compared to all the tracking the US
Gvt can do now who really believes they aren't being tracked?

5) Unsupported OS

Your choice, for the most part.

6) Not open source

Religion

I'm not terribly sympathetic to the Flash-bashers but it's a matter of
choice. I'm sure you could use the HTML version of Lightroom's web
pages with no appreciable difference. I know I sure don't see much to
indicate one way or the next. Take what you want. I'll enjoy your
images however you choose to post them.

Adam