Subject: [Leica] Experiences with 35/3.5 Elmar and 35/3.5 Summaron
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Wed May 9 08:18:33 2007

I have a coated version from the late 40's.
I use a Japanese after-market lens shade with one of those f-stop
changers tucked inside the hood.
I'm getting a NOOKY finder next week. I plan to take the focusing
housing off the Elmar and make a dedicated portrait set-up.
The Summitar stays as is, as it's a fairly competent performer.
I'm still undecided about the Hektor. The flat contrast in the
shadows is due to flare. Out here, it's like shooting on snow or on
the water. The flare can overwhelm some of the best optics, never
mind uncoated pre-war specimens.

Slobodan Dimitrov