Subject: [Leica] C41 Processing: 1-Hr Minilab, Photo Specialty Store, Kodak or What?
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Sat May 19 19:17:06 2007

John

You might be surprised how many pros were doing the drugstore routine
before digitals became standard fare. With all the photo editing tools
available (Photoshop) it is fairly simple to rectify what generally goes
wrong with local  labs. mainly dirt and scratches. . I found a very
knowledgeable woman at a Walgreens who takes great care in her work.
What she produces for me ranks better than at  a nearby pro lab. It
might be worthwhile to try out a couple of nearby processors to find the
best. I pay $2.15 for negs, cut and sleeved, no prints. When I stick
them in my Coolscan I'm as digital all all those lucky M8 owners. ;-)

Walt