Subject: [Leica] display print advice for Hoppy please
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed May 23 06:40:29 2007

Thanks for your input, Ric. A complication is that the Crane media is in an
American imperial size. Standard frames not necessarily
so, here. Still I think that the CSR is superior to the Hahnemuele
equivalent (in the semi-gloss). If you guys went metric the rest
of the world would find life much easier with USA products! I guess I need
to consider the framing standardisation. In that instance
the prints might be mounted with a suitable mat as well, which might render
the border irrelevant.
I don't want to look bargain basement; I mean the Crane paper is not exactly
the el cheapo option. I was thinking displaying the
prints just naked with the white border on the black foam board. Sort of
hate the thought of all of that archival cotton rag going
into cheap frames. Hey I'd like to sell a few prints though.
Anyhoo, I'll play with the 12 x16 proportions. Thanks.

Cheers
Hoppy