Subject: [Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Wed May 23 19:30:03 2007

Jim und Bob,

I see that the M8 does not have a stud on the opposite end of the body
which would be engaged
by a lug on the base plate.  ALL my M Leicas have that stud-lug that
hooks the base to the body
before the latch is turned,

Speaking as an aerospace stress analyst with over 50 years of
experience, plus a degree in metallurgy,
I assert that the M8 has a totally inadequate base locking design. To
use the term we use, it is NFG.

I agree that this puts me in the "complainer" category, and I don't even
own an M8!

Jerry

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure)