Subject: [Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Thu May 24 05:47:20 2007

I thought twice before starting this thread about a reported M8 base -
not base plate - failure because I didn't want to instigate some sort of
shouting match.  I decided to post it because:

1) I am an M8 user and it is the sort of thing I would want to know about;

2) There is a large amount of engineering and related user expertise on
the LUG and I wanted to tap into it.

As a trial lawyer I have worked with various metallurgical and other
engineering experts for almost 40 years.  I try to let them do a
complete analysis and come to (hopefully) solid, fact based conclusions
before I start leaping to my own.

One of the most difficult things for a young lawyer to learn is that you
should not render an opinion until you have all the relevant facts.  I
believe that applies to engineers and Leica users as well.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure)