Subject: [Leica] Dropped lens needs repair
From: 54moggie at embarqmail.com (Robert Lilley)
Date: Mon Jun 4 08:02:29 2007

Jeff,

This happened to a 2.8/50mm Elmar of mine.  It was dropped a short distance
- all worked fine but the focus was stiff as you approached infinity.  I
found that loosening the four Phillips head screws at the base just a tad
bit and re tightening them freed up the bind in the focus.  Try this before
sending it out to some like Sherry Krauter.

Rob