Subject: [Leica] Compact Camera Conundrum
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jun 5 15:07:21 2007

Dave get a LEICA D-LUX 3
Its gorgeous. Ernst will love you.
Love that wide screen and the format of shooting that way.
16:9 and be there.

Also choose from 3/2 or 4/3 as usual. I think I'd always shoot 16:9.

The screen on the back is bigger than the camera. You don't need an Epson
P-5000 viewer once you get this camera.

This Fuji is too big and fat and heavy and ugly.
But otherwise very nice!

The Leica is small and skinny and gorgeous. And takes great shots.
But otherwise has nothing going for it.

Get the black one!!

Small silver digital cameras are a dime a dozen. I think they are all ugly.
The black makes the red dot pop out. Everybody goes wow! For sure the
niftiest camera in any situation. They will all have to go home in shame and
embarrassment and non worthiness.

I want one. I got one for a family member for their special birthday.
I wish I was that family member. But I ain't.

I think these little cameras need bigger sensors in the back. Sony has one.
None have followed. Cameras are sold and compared even in CONSUMER REPORTS
with no mention of how big the format is. They just compare pixel count.
Which is like saying both camera can shoot TECH PAN.
But one is super 8 the other is half frame. Guess which is which.

Mark Rabiner
Harlem, NY

markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Compact Camera Conundrum)