Subject: [Leica] LEICA IIIF - I NEED SOME HELP
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Jun 5 17:29:15 2007

Luis,

This seems like a mystery to me. Have you looked at the negatives
through a loupe to see if the banding is there as well?  To me it
looks more like a scanning problem but you should see it on your M
body negatives as well if it were. The banding is in the wrong
direction for it to be a shutter problem. If it was a film leader
problem I would expect the film to show a catch mark where the film
catches on the shutter opening frame. The only time my film caught
because of the short leader, the film pulled out of the spool and had
a tear.

I have only seen these bands when it was caused by a scanner.

Len