Subject: [Leica] 3E discontinued
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank)
Date: Fri Jun 8 17:09:00 2007

The only "problem" with the 28/35/50 3E is the F4 speed.  Everyone wishes it
were faster.

OTOH, it is significantly lighter ( and cheaper) than the 28 Elmarit, 35
Cron, and 50 Cron, all thing s being equal and  the lenses purchased used.

I have the first version and really do like the lens for certain outings.
Then again, I also pack a 35 'Lux as a speed lens, just in case.

I guess if they made a 3E with and F2 max aperture, I am not sure I could
either afford it nor pack it as easily.... fast lenses are notoriously
heavy.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Message from octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] 3E discontinued)