Subject: [Leica] Missing: My R Vario-Elmarit 28-90 Asph's 67mm R Lens Cap
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Mon Jun 11 23:06:09 2007

Actually, I'm thinking Krazy Glue.

Put the lens in the nice leather pouch on a nice glass shelf with a
nice halogen pencil spot shining down on it, 7x24 mirrored laser beams
in full motion random patterns and wait for Tom Cruise in Ninja Kit to
come try and take it.

Or, just be a bit more present whenever I take off the damn cap and
always mark where I put it so it can be snapped back on when I'm done
shooting.

Oh, and shop a bit for a suitable used/orphan replacement to guarantee
I never lose the new one.

As for the "$ 4k I paid for it"; that dough was part of an insurance
settlement for the loss of a full Contax R System a couple years back.
Paid a lot of insurance premiums up to that point so didn't feel too
guilty about replacing with Lecia gear.  And it took me 5 years to
collect and pay cash for the Contax stuff.

That said, I still don't quite get the retail price for Leica lens
caps.  At least they could put a little red (also plastic) dot on them
or something...

'night everybody!

Bob