Subject: [Leica] eBay & Paypal
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Jun 19 00:57:34 2007

My experience is similar to Didier's. When buying or selling
something outside of Europe, Paypal is by far the safest and most
convenient option. When selling I will of course happily accept a
bank transfer from anywhere in the world, but it is likely to be a
major hazzle for the buyer, since most banks outside Europe will
charge a hefty fee for this, and the transfer takes several days.
Paypal charges its 3% or whatever, but the transfer takes minutes.

When trading within Europe, it is a different story. A bank transfer
between, say, the Netherlands and Spain costs me exactly the same as
one within the Netherlands, namely nothing.

The one payment method I NEVER want to deal with it is paper of any
kind (checks, money orders etc.)--that is just too 19th century--or
Western Union and its ilk for that matter.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@nathanfoto.com
General photography: