Subject: [Leica] Quilters
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Jun 24 09:48:08 2007

Lovely photos, Sonny. In the days of our mother and grandmothers, the
quilt was a gift to the family. It was a cherished gift that mom
could make with her own hands, made to be pretty while saving money
for other things the family needed. Everyone in the family got one.
It was a cherished possession. I believe those days are gone. Mom
works outside the home now and doesn't have time for it, except as a
hobby as time permits. Making the quilt now is mostly an art form.
And still treasured.

Thanks for sharing,
Len