Subject: [Leica] do i need a hasselblad?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Jul 3 06:03:58 2007

This argument ( Hasselblad + tripod) comes up often, even on the HUG
list....

Yes, it is possible to use the 500CM without a tripod.  You can hand hold
it.  However, you are using a Hasselblad because, presumably,  you want the
very best image quality possible.  That means a tripod, to me.

The advantage of MF film only comes about ( especially when compared to a
Leica and film) when a tripod is employed.  Otherwise movement, inaccuracy
in focus, compositional errors, etc. will outweigh the larger film area.
Use a Hasselblad like a LF camera, taking your time to compose precisely,
focus accurately, and lock up the mirror before firing the shutter.

Otherwise use a Diana.  It uses the same size film. It is light, and it
meant to hand hold.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Kyle,

I got some shots done in a studio by a pro a few days ago. She was using a
digi-back Hassy. The quality of the output was brilliant, but I got the
impression that it was quite a handful. Contrary to what has been said she
used
it handheld, connected up by loads of wire to several PCs, large disks,
assorted
flash units, and all the kit in her very well-equipped studio.

Replies: Reply from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] do i need a hasselblad?)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] do i need a hasselblad?)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] do i need a hasselblad?)
Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] do i need a hasselblad?)