Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 Sensor Cleaning
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Mon Jul 9 15:10:31 2007

Thank you Bob, Nathan, and Frank. Success! I got a kit with the
Arctic Butterfly, Orange swabs and VDust plus made by Visible Dust.
With trepidation went and used the Butterfly first. The big glob was
gone! Spun it again, second pass, no globs at all. Test confirmed
clean sensor.

My local Leica dealer carried these and recommended them. Also the
Eclipse method. "Recommended" is not the right word because every
word was punctuated by "we do not recommend, but these are both good
products."

So now the Arctic Butterfly will be with me in Italy in September.
can't wait to go.

I'm disappointed, though, that Leica does not give recommendations
about what to do. Return the camera to Solms!

Bob Rose was particularly calming. I once thought of becoming a
neurosurgeon, but didn't. Cleaning this sensor created so much
anxiety it is clear I made the right choice.

Jesse