Subject: [Leica] 4gb cards for M8?
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Tue Jul 10 12:34:06 2007

A thread on this topic was around in February, but I was wondering about
current experience using 4Gb cards in the M8?

BTW, I was curious about real life speed differences between 2GB cards.  I
tried the following test (I contrived this).  I put the M8 on C, and shot a
burst of pictures at 1/250 sec, counted the number of pictures until the
buffer was full and the camera paused, and then measured the total time
until all of those pictures finished writing to the card, including the
initial burst.  These are all 2GB cards.

Card           #Pictures    Time to write  Cost
Hoodman 150X      12         25 sec.      2/07 ($80)
Extreme III       12         23 sec.      2/07 ($80)
Lexar SD          10         45 sec.      7/07 ($18)

So, it seems that for typical "S" shooting any card is probably fine, but
for any shooting where you are doing burst shots on "C", the write time is
important.

Is that other's experience?

The cost is sure coming down!

Regards,