Subject: [Leica] IMG: Noctilux Pictures
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Thu Jul 12 18:22:34 2007

I decided to force myself to use this hunk of glass or get rid of it.  Here
are my results:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rjrose/noctilux/L1003710.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rjrose/noctilux/L1003722.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rjrose/noctilux/L1003727.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rjrose/noctilux/L1000055.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rjrose/noctilux/L1000053.jpg.html

You can try clicking on the first image, then using the navigation button to
see the rest.  You might be able to get the album at one time with one of
these links, but the site seems to be very slow using these:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=92832
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rjrose/noctilux/

These were all taken in Old Town Pasadena.  I used the 1.25x magnifier.  The
throw on the lens is so long that it seems important to guess the distance
and pre-focus (somewhere near the right focus) before lifting the camera to
my eye, so that the subject does not get distracted and stare at me, like
what happened in 3722 (which is also the only one not at f/1).

You may recall that I adjusted the focus cam to eliminate back focus, and I
think it is successful.

So, what do you think?  Should I keep it, or sell it?

Bob Rose

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux Pictures)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux Pictures)
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux Pictures)