Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 Sensor Cleaning
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Wed Jul 11 16:55:09 2007

There is a luck factor combined with the conditions. I was not
looking for dust. The dust found me. The large glop that appeared was
big enough that it would have obscured significant detail in most any
picture. I think it came from changing lenses frequently in a dry,
air conditioned basement that evidently was very dusty. The Arctic
Butterfly totally cleaned the sensor in seconds and is easy to carry
on a trip. So now I'm glad to have discovered the problem and cure
before having had further trouble. This glop of dust was stuck. It
didn't dislodge even with use of an air blower. And use of a loupe
showed other, smaller glops on the sensor. The Arctic Butterfly is
super gentle and uses static electricity to attract the dust off. The
sensor was totally clean after two passes.

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Re: M8 Sensor Cleaning)