Subject: [Leica] IMG: hoppy on Kangaroo Island part two
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Jul 14 16:26:38 2007

Thanks for looking Jim.
Sigh, those are the obligatory "aaw, aren't they cute?" pics to get the
attention of you non-Aussies. I guess that you know that
koalas are marsupials and live entirely on eucalypt leaves? Having been
re-introduced to the island they are actually now seriously
overpopulating the finite space, to the extent of almost wiping out their
preferred tree species there. That's what happens when man
meddles with the natural order. Interference/good intentions/emotive issues
and bambyism.

Keep an eye out for some lighthouses and scenery to come. You could use an
awful lot of your 11 x14 stock in this place!

Cheers
Hoppy