Subject: [Leica] OT - oxidized Petri 35 battery compartment finally open
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Jul 17 02:23:41 2007

John, Bob

Finally I got that little beast open! I had dropped quite a lot of strong
penetrating oil (that costed more than the Petri which I had got almost for
free) on the battery cover and tried to open it since two weeks - without
success. I was mentally ready to accept the camera is gone, then I tried it
this morning for the very last time - because the screwdriver/coin slot is
completely weared out after so many attemps - and suddenly the cover came
out as it would have never been stuck or corroded. And the other good news
is - the inside of the battery compartment and the battery are almost not
corroded - can't understand why the cover was so stuck.

Will get a battery this afternoon and pass a roll through for shure!

For those who have a similar problem I can only recommend to be patient and
to let the penetrating work for 2 weeks or longer.

Thanks again for your help
Didier

Message from leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava) ([Leica] OT - Does anyone know how to open an oxidated battery compartment?)