Subject: [Leica] Documentary Photography (Now lens coding).
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Jul 18 11:29:13 2007

Hi Peter,

I've sent 6 lenses to Leica, NJ now. They were all fairly new lenses
without any problems. Three of them came back in 3 to 4 weeks. The
4th lens, a 35mm Summicron Asph. took about 7 weeks. They ran out of
flanges for this lens and had to wait for more parts from Solms. The
last two lenses were sent in and received by NJ on June 28th. I
received a letter back saying it would take 4 to 6 weeks. One of the
lenses was the 1st Tri-Elmar which had a sloppy detent in the 28mm
position. We'll see if they fix that. So far what they've done on my
stuff has been perfect. There was never a mention of any adjustment,
only coding.

Len