Subject: [Leica] Idle Musings on Darkroom Chemistry, B&W
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Jul 24 11:03:23 2007

At 01:18 PM 7/24/2007, Mark Rabiner wrote:

 >That's the Dignam book and that's my main resource until Steve Ansel's
 >books
 >came out.
 >Pat Dignan's "150 D0-It-Yourself B & W Popular Photographic Formulas"?
 >
 >That's the book I bought when I bought my scale in Oregon City in 1976.
 >AFTER I'd got out of college.
 >
 >I just drove Highways 40 and 81 through Virginia moving my stuff back from
 >Portland OR to here, NYC. In a white Toyota Wienna minivan.
 >
 >What's behind that row of trees which line the highway looks like blown up
 >Lichen from an HO train set?

Thanks.  Ansell's stuff is okay but I found it a bit tame after Dignam.

Why the "AFTER I'd got out of college"?  Trying
to emphasize that you escaped an eddikation?  <he grins>

You roared through the Commonwealth of Virginia
and didn't stop by to say hello?  Ha-rumph!

Where did you note the blown-up trees?  Probably
the result of some act of terrorism by disgruntled Appalachians.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Idle Musings on Darkroom Chemistry, B&W)