Subject: [Leica] Idle Musings on Darkroom Chemistry, B&W
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jul 24 11:55:17 2007

> At 01:18 PM 7/24/2007, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> That's the Dignam book and that's my main resource until Steve Ansel's
>> books
>> came out.
>> Pat Dignan's "150 D0-It-Yourself B & W Popular Photographic Formulas"?
>>
>> That's the book I bought when I bought my scale in Oregon City in 1976.
>> AFTER I'd got out of college.
>>
>> I just drove Highways 40 and 81 through Virginia moving my stuff back from
>> Portland OR to here, NYC. In a white Toyota Wienna minivan.
>>
>> What's behind that row of trees which line the highway looks like blown up
>> Lichen from an HO train set?
>
> Thanks.  Ansell's stuff is okay but I found it a bit tame after Dignam.
>
> Why the "AFTER I'd got out of college"?  Trying
> to emphasize that you escaped an eddikation?  <he grins>

Meaning to emphasize all I learned about photography of any use came after i
got out of college.
Except that : diluting more is generally a better thing to do.

When I doubt; throw in some more water.

BLOWN UP in this  case I mean enlarged trees.
They look like lichen in an HO train set.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc) ([Leica] shedding light on the darkroom: a non-musing, simplified approach)