Subject: [Leica] Re: Red vests
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Jul 25 18:39:20 2007

On Jul 25, 2007, at 6:54 PM, Ted wrote:

>  I'd bet the TV people would be only too happy not to have
> a bunch of bright red tagged photogs along the sidelines.
>
> Would I bet this ruling will be changed?  Nope, not on your life!
> WAY TOO
> MUCH MONEY INVOLVED FROM A KEY SPONSOR!

Perhaps not. TV is the tail that swings the NFL dog. Most of the
revenues of pro football come from TV rights. If the television
networks object to free advertising of red vested products, or if the
red vests themselves prove too much of a distraction, you can bet
that the TV rights owners will put pressure on the NFL to rescind the
requirement. Big money always has the loudest voice.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Red vests)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Re: Red vests)