Subject: [Leica] travel advice, vancouver island
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon Jul 30 15:46:23 2007

>My wife, young daughter and I are looking at spending about a week on
>Vancouver Island in October, probably stay in Victoria for a few days and
>then find a cabin/cottage in the woods or on the ocean.  Suggestions?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Leo

Hi Leo,

Victoria has lots of possibilities at all price and amenity levels.
There's lots of info on the web, and you should be able

If you are heading out of Victoria your choices are bucolic woodsy,
English countryside, calm ocean, wild ocean, mountain, wilderness
including various extreme levels and pretty much everything in
between.

My personal preference would be to go to Tofino or Ucluelet on the
West Coast of the Island, driving there via Nanaimo and Port Alberni.

The two small towns are adjacent to Pacific Rim National Park, have
some great walks in the area, whale watching, natural hot springs,
fishing and a number of great restaurants and again, the whole gamut
of accommodation levels. We usually now stay at Pacific Sands
(http://www.pacificsands.com). We've been going to that area about
twice a year on average for 40 years. We like going in winter just as
much as in summer.

Otherwise, Google Tofino, Pacific Rim National Park, Ucluelet, and
also Sooke, Sanich Peninsula, Chemainus, Cowichan Valley, Comox,
"Comox Courtenay Mt. Washington" and Strathcona Park Gold River.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Henning

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff