Subject: [Leica] M8 Review
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed Aug 1 14:53:21 2007

Vick,

No more backfocus with AF????  I think that may just be dreaming.  BF on
many AF cameras is an issue.  I know Canon and Nikon have both had
problems with this.  The current Canon top camera, 1DIII, has tons of AF
problems, in the past the  D60, 10D 20D and others had severe issues
with Backfocus.

Personally when using a lens like a Noctilux I greatly prefer a
rangefinder focus over AF.  I can shoot in dark situations, getting good
sharp photos, where my Canon AF is hunting, AF from the 1D series, not
the lower end cameras....and even when the AF does get a lock it is not
always where I want it...often it is just a tad off, and I can't see on
the GG well enough to tell that.

Nope for me keep the M line with a real rangefinder...non of that AF
needed, if you wan an AF rangefinder get a Contax G.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] M8 Review)