Subject: [Leica] M8 Review
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Aug 1 20:55:47 2007

Also, several of the problems he mentions have been addressed in firmware
updates.  Don't remember seeing what the firmware version was of the camera
he used.  Overall a interesting and pretty fair review.

Bob, I'm sorry but I do not see the M9 being a FF sensor for a long long
time.  The technology is going to have to make some pretty big leaps before
that happens.  Also the rumors I have heard on the M9 say 16MB, but still a
1.33 sensor.  The extreme anglesrequired for the WA lenses just make a FF
sensor far into the future, if at all.  a FF SLR is a whole different animal
and far easier to do, so you cannot point to the FF Canons as proving it can
be done with a rangefinder.

Gene