Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 review, M9 anticipation
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Aug 2 20:26:17 2007

Larry,

This argument is really a moot point.  It is the way of the digital world.
Just think those who recently bought a Canon 5D, and 30D are now having to
agonize over their foolish purchases as Canon will soon replace both of
these cameras with new models.  The Nikon D200 is also slated to be replaced
this year.  All of these cameras are less than 3 years old.  I suspect the
M9 is probably 2  or 3 years away as I expect Leica to bring out the R10
this next year to replace the DM-R.  I realize many think the R cameras will
be dropped, but I for one think they will live on.  After all DSLRs are the
main stream.  By the time either is out, I will be retired and will not very
likely be able to afford either one, so my M8 will serve me very well, as
will my D200.  If I want to shoot my R lenses, my R8 will also serve a long
time to come, maybe by then a used DM-R will be down to around $1500 and I
will be able to purchase one and then I can get rid of the D200.

Gene

-------------- Original message from Lawrence Zeitlin
<lrzeitlin@optonline.net>: --------------