Subject: [Leica] FS Friday-M6 0.85 HM
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Aug 3 09:26:29 2007

I have been running a list of CVlassic M6 0.85 (HM) serial numbers since the
camera was first announced.  I have collected around 150 numbers, scoured
from EBay ads, LUG members, etc.  Only through the Internet has this been
possible.    There were 3130 cameras produced, so I have collected around 5%
of all camera serial numbers.  Not bad considering it was users' generosity
that allowed it.

The study was to try to establish the way in which Leica did their serial
numbering ( blocks or contiguous)  as well as establishing if the product
were allocated to a specific country.  Both these theories were old time
habits of Leica.

If you would email me privately as to the country the camera was originally
purchased, and the engraving on the back of the camera, that would complete
my data base.  Note:  I do not keep any data on the ownership, only on the
camera itself.

To see some of the data collected.. go to Stephen Gandy's website...
www.cameraquest.com   more specifically http://www.cameraquest.com/m685.htm
Stephen was kind enough to allow this data to be published there for all to
see..
The last upgrade to the list was done some time ago, but I will be updating
the info before the end of the year with a few more numbers.

Thanks

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

??